This quick and easy Wide Noodle Chicken LoMein recipe is always a hit and a great alternative to ordering take-out!
Like wider noodles? We do! Check out these Ka-Me Wide Egg Noodles as an alternative to traditional LoMein noodles!
Wide Noodle Chicken LoMein
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil divided
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- ½ cup onion sliced
- ½ cup carrot sliced
- 2 cups egg noodles
- Boil water and cook the noodles as per the directions.
- Add salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the chicken.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the chicken broth, the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink - if not previously cooked. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add the onions and carrots. Stir fry until the vegetables are tender.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan and add the cooked egg noodles and reserved sauce. Cook for 3 minutes, until everything is well-coated
Calories: 211kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 13gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 994mgPotassium: 246mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 2703IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 29mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply