Easy Shrimp Stir Fry
I love this recipe. I usually make it at the end of the week to use up all the bits and pieces of fresh vegetables I have left in the fridge. Sometimes I use meat, sometimes I don’t; it really depends on what you have on hand. Want to add a little sweetness? Add some pineapple! If you’re going shopping anyway - this is how I usually make it.
Simple Shrimp Stir-Fry
- Wok or other large frying pan
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 1 cup carrots diagonally sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 cup zucchini cut into 1" wedges
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb cooked shrimp devaned, shells and tails removed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
- 1 spring onion greens chopped for garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok or large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots; stir fry for 2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables; stir fry 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add soy sauce, garlic powder and ginger; stir-fry vegetables until well blended. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onion.
- Serve over cooked rice, if desired.