These 7 Up cupcakes are a fun and easy treat to make! They start with a simple yellow cake mix, and are flavored with 7 Up soda. The cupcakes are then topped with a light and fluffy 7 Up frosting. These cupcakes are perfect for any occasion!
Looking for a fun and tasty treat? Try 7 up cupcakes! These delightful little cakes are perfect for parties, picnics or just a quick snack. Made with delicious vanilla cake and topped with a sweet and tangy 7 up frosting, they are sure to please everyone.
What does adding soda to cake mix do?
Adding soda to cake mix adds both moisture and flavor to the cake. The soda also helps to make the cake light and fluffy.
Why is it called 7up cake?
There are a few different stories about how this cake got its name. One story is that the cake was created by the 7 Up company, and was originally called “7 Up Cake”. Another story is that the cake was named after the 7 Up soda, which is used in the recipe.
Can I use another type of soda in this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of lemon-lime soda in this recipe. Sprite or Sierra Mist would work well. You could also experiment with other flavors of soda, like root beer or cherry. Just be sure to adjust the amount of frosting accordingly.
How do I make soda cupcakes?
These are about as easy as it gets. Simply make the cake mix and add some 7-up to the mix and that is it! It is amazing how some little changes make a very big difference in cake mixes
You can even make these in an air fryer!.
7 Up Cupcakes with Cake Mix
- Muffin Tin
- 1 package yellow cake mix 15.25 ounce
- 1 cup 7 Up soda
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
7 Up Frosting:
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup 7 Up soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12-15 muffin cups with paper liners. Will vary a little.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 cup 7 Up, eggs, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined. Raise the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with batter. Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting and serve. Enjoy!
To make the frosting:
- In a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar, and ½ cup 7 Up. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined. Raise the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.