Kamado Joe's Smoked Beer Can Chicken is the perfect way to cook up a delicious and moist bird. The beer can helps keep the chicken moist and infuses it with flavor.
The smoker provides even heat and a smoky flavor, resulting in a perfectly cooked chicken every time. Try this recipe at your next cookout and you'll be sure to impress your guests!
What is the best beer for beer can chicken??
The best beer for beer can chicken is a light lager. The light flavor of the beer won't overwhelm the chicken, and the carbonation will help keep the bird moist. Avoid using dark beers or stouts, as they can make the chicken taste bitter.
Is it necessary to use a can of beer?
No, it's not necessary to use a can of beer. You can also use chicken broth, apple cider, or even water. However, the beer does add flavor and helps keep the chicken moist. If you choose not to use beer, be sure to add extra seasoning to the bird.
How do I know when the chicken is done?
The best way to know when your chicken is done is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
What should I do with the leftover beer?
Drink it! Don't worry, there's no need to waste good beer. Enjoy a cold one while your chicken is smoking. Cheers!
Can I use a bottle of beer for beer can chicken?
It's not recommended. The cans hold up the bird, bottles don't work as well.
What goes well with this?
- Kamado Joe Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Kamado Joe Smoked Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon
- Smoked Baked Beans with Bacon
Smoked Beer Can Chicken - Kamado Joe
- Kamado Joe Smoker Or other smoker
- 1 whole chicken about 4 pounds
- 1 can of beer 12 oz
- Favorite BBQ rub
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil
- Preheat your Kamado Joe grill to 225 degrees F.
- Remove the giblets from the chicken and rinse the bird inside and out with cold water. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Liberally apply the dry rub to the outside of the chicken, using your hands to massage it into the skin.
- Open the can of beer and pour out about ¼ cup. Place the chicken on top of the can, so that it is standing upright.
- Drizzle the oil over the chicken and rub it all over the skin.
- Place the chicken on the grill, close the lid, and cook for 2-3 hours, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. This will depend on the size of your chicken.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving and serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply