Smoked Baked Beans with Bacon
If you are looking for recipe for homemade baked beans with bacon, this is it. This is a SUPER easy recipe that is a prefect add on to any meat you are already smoking.
This smoked baked bean recipe will change the way you make baked beans!
This homemade baked beans with bacon is one of my favorite things to add to smoked bacon wrapped pork tenderloin or my Bourbon Smoked Gouda Burgers. The bacon taste of home made really makes this recipe stand out from the rest.
Combine one large can of beans and chopped onion. Top with bacon. Easy peasy and ready to smoke in minutes.
They only take about 40 minutes to cook - once the bacon is brown they are ready. You can easily leave them on for longer to make sure they are ready when the meat is!
They are a crowd pleaser!
Additions to Smoked Baked Beans:
- Jalapenos - great if you like spicy!
- Molasses - great if you like sweet!
- Bell Peppers - great if you want to add more veggies!
More sides you can smoke:
Smoked Baked Beans
- 1 can Bush's Baked Beans Your preference
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- ½ package bacon thick is better - cut into 2 in pieces
- Add the first three ingredients to a bowl and mix. Pour into either a glass oven ready container or an aluminum pan.
- Top with bacon.
- Cook for at least 40 minutes - can leave on up to about 90. Remove if they start looking dry. This will depend on the temp. If you are smoking (225) you can leave on longer. These will cook MUCH quicker if you are cooking at 350. If cooking at that temp remove after about 20-30.