The Brussel sprout, much like its cousin the cabbage, has gotten a bad rap over the last several years. It seems that every year there's another "scientific" report about how horrible these vegetables are for us! That's ridiculous!
Brussel sprouts are delicious and definitely one of my favorite vegetables to use in the smoker. It's a great side dish to add if you are smoking meat!
Sides you can smoke with meats:
Smoked Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon
- Kamado Joe
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts halved
- ½ large onion chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, then roughly chop.
- In a alumninum pan or glass dish, add the butter, onions, Brussels Sprouts, and bacon. Salt and Pepper
- Smoke for 20 minutes and serve!