If you have never cooked rice in a pressure cooker (like Instant Pot or Crockpot Express) you are in for a treat. The rice comes out perfect every time. You will never cook rice another way again!
Today we are playing around with Jamaican White Rice, otherwise known as coconut milk rice. The sweet little side dish is perfect to serve with any Caribbean or Jamaican meal. I like to serve it with my Smoked Mojo Pork or Shrimp Pineapple Bowl!
This rice is very versatile!
Jamaican White Rice
- Instant Pot
- Crockpot Express
- ½ cup long-grain white rice like jasmine or basmati
- ½ small onion diced small
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 2 cup water
- Set your pressure cooker to "Saute"
- Add the olive oil and sauté the onion until translucent
- While it is cooking, rinse the rice in a colander to remove any impurities.
- Add the uncooked white rice and water into your pressure cooker
- Close lid and steam valve and press the RICE button, press START
- Do a quick release. Drain any excess water and add the butter. Stir before serving.