This Smoked BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese is the perfect combination of two classic comfort foods. The smoky flavor of the BBQ chicken pairs perfectly with the creamy, cheesy macaroni and cheese. This dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
Perfect addition to any Mac & Cheese party!
Smoked BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb. pasta elbow, rotini, bowties -- reserve some of the pasta water - about 1 cup
- 2 cups BBQ chicken Remove the skin and diced
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 8 oz block sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 8 oz block Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup BBQ sauce optional
- ½ cup peas optional but an awesome addition!
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- In a large pot, add the butter. Melt the butter and add the flour until thoroughly combined. Stir in the milk until smooth.
- Add the cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese and stir until combined. Add the seasonings as well.
- Add cooked macaroni and BBQ chicken to the cheese sauce. Stir until everything is evenly mixed. Use the pasta water to make sure the sauce is smooth. If you want it sweeter, add some more BBQ sauce.
- OPTIONAL - Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown on top at 350'.
- Let cool for 5-10