Goulash is a quintessential comfort food. Instant Pot Goulash takes all the things that make goulash great and packs them into an Instant Pot meal-in-one dish.
Instant Pot Goulash
Looking for an easy meal the whole family will love? This version of American Goulash is my go-to for feeding a hungry crowd.
Every Sunday I like to spend the afternoon cooking something for the week ahead. Some sort of batch that can feed me and most likely our two kids through at least Monday night dinner time! This past Sunday we had company over and I decided it was time to make American Goulash.
I’ve made this many times before in my crockpot and it is a great recipe for one of those busy weeknights when you don’t know what to make for dinner. However, I decided that I was going to convert my favorite slow cooker meal into an Instant Pot version.
Can you freeze Instant Pot Goulash as single serve meals?
As the Goulash sits in the fridge over night, it will thicken. When reheating any leftovers just add a little water or broth to thin out. Freeze the goulash in individual containers for an easy grab-n-go lunch or dinner!
You can remove from freezer and put in fridge overnight to thaw. Microwave for 60-90 seconds.
You can also remove directly from the freezer and add two tablespoons of water. Microwave for 90 seconds. Stir and cook another 60 seconds or until fully hot.
Instant Pot Goulash
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 green pepper diced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or 14.5 oz can - don't drain
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce More if you like it super saucy
- 2 cups water or enough to cover pasta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 16 oz box macaroni noodles
- In your Instant Pot, select SAUTE
- Crumble the ground beef and brown for a few minutes. Then add the diced onion and green pepper.
- If there is a lot of grease drain it. If not don't worry about it.
- Turn it OFF. Pour in diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, water and Italian seasoning. Finally, stir in macaroni noodles. Add water. Make sure the noodles are completely covered.
- Close the vent and select MANUAL on high for 5 minutes. Once finished, do a quick pressure release.
- Open lid and stir. Serve in a bowl topped with cheese.