Meyer lemon cookies are a delightful treat that combines the bright, citrusy flavor of Meyer lemons with the buttery sweetness of classic sugar cookies. These cookies are a perfect choice for anyone who loves the tangy taste of citrus fruit and wants to enjoy it in a delicious, baked form.
I LOVE my Meyer Lemon tree! I love finding new recipes to make with them too!
Hence this new lemon cookie recipe. I will warn you – go slow on adding the lemon juice. Taste as you go, it can be very potent and can quickly get overwhelming. This ratio is perfect for MY tree, yours may be stronger or less strong than my lemons. Evidently every tree is different.
Meyer lemons, which are believed to be a cross between lemons and mandarin oranges, are a sweeter and less acidic variety of lemon. They have a thinner skin, a juicier pulp, and a more delicate flavor than regular lemons, which makes them perfect for baking. The unique taste of Meyer lemons adds a refreshing twist to traditional sugar cookies and creates a mouth-watering flavor that is hard to resist.
To make Meyer lemon cookies, you will need some basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, such as all-purpose flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, salt, and eggs. You will also need Meyer lemon zest and juice, which are the key ingredients that give these cookies their distinct lemony flavor.
The recipe for Meyer lemon cookies is easy and straightforward. First, you mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set them aside. Then, you cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, and add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Next, you stir in the Meyer lemon zest and juice until fully incorporated. Finally, you gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
Once the dough is ready, you can form it into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten the balls slightly with your palm or a fork, and bake them in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Once the cookies have cooled, you can dust them with powdered sugar to add a touch of sweetness.
The result is a batch of soft, chewy, and buttery cookies with a tangy and refreshing lemon flavor that lingers on your taste buds. Meyer lemon cookies are perfect for any occasion, from tea parties and brunches to picnics and afternoon snacks. They are also a great option for cookie exchanges, holiday gifts, and bake sales, as they are easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser.
These cookies are a perfect choice for anyone who loves citrusy flavors and wants to indulge in a delicious and refreshing dessert. Whether you make them for yourself or share them with others, Meyer lemon cookies are sure to brighten up your day and put a smile on your face.
More fun cookie recipes:
- Blueberry White Chocolate Cookies
- Lace Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies Stuffed with Nutella
Meyer Lemon Cookie Recipe
- Baking/cookie sheets
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon juice or more if you want
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the Meyer lemon zest and juice.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the dough balls slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have cooled, dust them with powdered sugar.
Enjoy your delicious Meyer lemon cookies!