Easy Air Fryer Chicken Gyros are a delicious and healthy meal that can be made in minutes! The chicken is cooked in the air fryer, then wrapped in a warm pita with cucumber, tomato, and tzatziki sauce.
This recipe is perfect for any time of year! The air fryer cooks the chicken quickly and evenly, so it’s always juicy. Great meal to cook if you are working at home for lunch!
Plus, the pita bread is a great way to get some carbs and fiber in your diet. So if you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, give these Easy Air Fryer Chicken Gyros a try!
What do I need on hand to make Chicken Gyros?
You don’t need a lot and you probably have most items on hand.
- Chicken – while dark meat is preferred, white is fine
- Lettuce and Tomato
- Tzatziki Sauce
How do you make easy Tzatziki Sauce?
If you don’t have store bought, is super easy to make Tzatziki sauce and only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry! All you need is some plain yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon juice, and salt. Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and voila- delicious Tzatziki sauce!
What are some other dipping sauces I could use?
If you’re not a fan of Tzatziki sauce or don’t have the ingredients on hand, no worries! There are plenty of other dipping sauces that would be delicious with these chicken gyros. Some other options include hummus, or even a simple Greek yogurt dip.
How do I make air fryer chicken gyros?
Making air fryer chicken gyros is super easy and only requires a few simple steps!
First, start by mixing the olive oil and seasoning and marinate the chicken. Then, add the chicken to your air fryer basket and cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from the air fryer and let cool for a few minutes before assembling your gyros.
To assemble, simply add some chicken strips to a warm pita bread, top with Tsakiki sauce and your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
More Unique Chicken Recipes…
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- Instant Pot Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs w/ Vegetables
- Air Fryer Barbecue Chicken
- Bourbon Chicken Pasta
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Gyro
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup tzatziki sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and black pepper. Toss to coat chicken evenly. Refrigerate for a few hours if possible.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 on AIR FRY
- Add chicken to the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking.
- Remove and let sit until cool enough to slice.Warm the pitas in the air fryer for a few seconds.
- To assemble, add some tzatziki sauce, then add the chicken to the pitas, then top with moretzatziki sauce, diced tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!