Making donuts at home just got easier with this quick and easy cake mix donut recipe. This recipe is perfect for beginners, and you can make them any flavor you want!
Making your own donuts is a fun and delicious way to spend a weekend morning. Below are three recipes for homemade donuts that are all quick and easy to make. The first recipe is for cake mix donuts, the second is for chocolate-dipped donuts, and the third is for glazed donuts. So whether you’re in the mood for something sweet or something chocolatey, we’ve got you covered!
To make cake mix donuts, all you need is a box of cake mix, some eggs, oil, and water. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s so versatile – you can use any flavor of cake mix you want! We like to make ours with vanilla cake mix, but feel free to experiment. Once you’ve mixed up the batter, simply pipe it into a donut pan and bake according to the package directions. These cake mix donuts are always moist and fluffy, and they’re perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
If you’re looking for something a little more indulgent, try our recipe for chocolate-dipped donuts. Start by preparing a batch of the basic donut recipe. We like to use a basic vanilla cake donut for this, but you can use whatever you like. Once the donuts are cooked and cooled, dip them in melted chocolate and let them set. These chocolate-dipped donuts are rich, decadent, and totally irresistible!
Chocolate Dipped Donut Recipe
-One batch of the donut recipe
-12 oz chocolate, melted
Prepare the donut recipe according to instructions. Once donuts are cooked and cooled, dip each one in the melted chocolate. Place on a wire rack or parchment paper to set.
Finally, if you’re in the mood for something classic, our recipe for glazed donuts is just what you need. These donuts are light and airy, with a sweet vanilla glaze that will make your taste buds dance. To make the glaze, simply combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Dip the donuts in the glaze and let them set on a wire rack. These glazed donuts are the perfect treat for any occasion!
Glazed Donut Recipe
-One batch of vanilla cake donut recipe
-½ cup powdered sugar
-¼ cup milk
-½ teaspoon vanilla extract
In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until the glaze is smooth. Dip each donut in the glaze and place on a wire rack or parchment paper to set. Let the donuts sit for about 30 minutes so the glaze can set. Enjoy!
So there you have it – three recipes for homemade donuts that are sure to please. Which one will you make first?
More fun breakfast recipes to try:
- Loaded Breakfast Pancakes
- Out of This World Galaxy Donuts
- Copycat Whataburger Taquito
- 3 Ingredient Banana Muffins
Easy Cake Mix Donuts
- 1 box cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- rainbow sprinkles optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined. Pipe the batter into a donut pan, filling each cavity about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the donuts are golden brown and cooked through. Let cool for 10-15 minutes until completely cool.
- If you want to do the topping, in a medium sized bowl, mix together butter, powdered sugar, and milk until combined.
- Dip the top half of the donut into the mixture and let extra run off. Place on wire rack to dry. Repeat for remaining donuts. Top with sprinkles if you want!