Want a Taquito but don't have a Whataburger nearby? Here is our copycat Whataburger Taquito recipe that is easily made with simple ingredients!
Copycat Whataburger Taquito Recipe
If you are looking for some good Copycat Breakfast Recipes then look no further than this awesome Whataburger Taquito Recipe. Tt is sure to curb your cravings!
Seems like every few months I want one and we don't have one nearby so I figured out how to recreate them a few years ago. Usually we have stuff on hand to create some that will be pretty close.
They are actually pretty simply to make. Saute breakfast sausage (like Jimmy Dean) and then scramble in eggs. This time we used some local Bradleys' sausage. You can even add bell peppers and onions if you want but the traditional Taquito recipe is only sausage and eggs.
You can even use any kind of tortilla you want - corn, flour, low carb, they all work!
Whataburger uses flour tortillas. We didn't have any so we used some corn tortillas. They work just as well. Trick is a lot of the flavor that mimics Whataburger comes from the cheese - it is basic American cheese.
And of course you need the Whataburger Picante sauce. Next time you are there, stock up. We grab doubles every time we go. If you don't have any, you can use regular picante or salsa as well!
Other breakfast ideas:
- Loaded Breakfast Pancakes
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese Crescent Bake
- Strawberry Crêpes with Almond Whipped Cream
Copycat Whataburger Taquito
- Frying Pan
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 4 slices american cheese
- ½ lb breakfast sausage
- 4 flour tortillas
- Picante Whataburger or another brand
- Saute the sausage in a frying pan.
- Scramble the eggs with the milk. Add the eggs to the cooked sausage.
- Assemble the tortilla - tortilla, then cheese, top with egg mixture.
- Roll the tortilla to make a burrito. Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds per taquito.