Oven Garlic Confit is a great way to add flavor to any dish. It is simple to make and can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Garlic confit can be used in a variety of ways. It is often used to flavor roast chicken, pasta dishes, or vegetable stir-fries. You can also add it to soups or stews for an extra boost of flavor. You can spread it on bread, add it to omelets or quiche, use it as a pizza topping, or mix it into mashed potatoes. The possibilities are endless!
There are many recipes that you could use Oven Garlic Confit in such as Sheet Pan Roasted Split Chicken Breasts with Vegetables , Bacon & Basil Fettuccine Alfredo, Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots, and many more.
How long does homemade garlic confit last?
Garlic confit will last for up to two weeks when stored in a covered container in the fridge. After that, the garlic cloves may start to turn brown and lose their flavor. You can freeze them in a freezer container for up to 3 months. Make sure to the garlic cloves are covered in oil at all times.
TIP - You can also freeze individually portioned confit and oil an ice cube tray.
Use it to flavor roast chicken, pasta dishes, or anything else you can think of!
How to Make Garlic Confit in an Oven
- 1 head garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the top off of a garlic bulb so that the cloves are exposed. Peel away any loose or brown skin.
- Place the garlic bulb in a small baking dish. Pour olive oil over garlic cloves until they are completely covered. Sprinkle with salt.
- . Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the cloves are soft and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, you can store the confit in a covered container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Leave a Reply