How to Make Frosted Berries
This is so simple and adds an elegant finish to cakes, tarts, pies, etc. With three simple ingredients that you probably already have, you can create this fabulous garnish. You only need berries (I chose raspberries this time), an egg white, and some regular old granulated sugar; nothing fancy here.
First - wash and dry those berries!! You're going to work with one berry at a time, start to finish. Whisk your egg white and coat each berry on all sides.
Gently roll the berry in sugar. I find that the egg white is as sticky as glue and that using a toothpick or skewer helps.
Place each berry on a wire rack and let dry completely.
- Pastry Brush
- Wire Rack
- 1 pint raspberries or blackberries (one punnet)
- 1 egg white well beaten
- ¼ cup sugar
- Wash and thoroughly dry your berries
- In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk your egg white
- Working one at a time, brush each berry on all sides with the egg white, then roll in the sugar
- Place on a wire rack and let dry for at least one hour