Looking for an easy, one-pot meal that is both healthy and delicious? Look no further than this Pesto Orzo with Green Beans, Bell Pepper, and Zucchini.
This dish is packed with flavor and comes together in just 30 minutes. Plus, it's a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you have on hand.
This is great as a side dish with meats like with our smoked pork tenderloin or as a main dish!
This dish is so simple to make and can easily be tailored to your liking. If you're not a fan of green beans, feel free to swap them out for another vegetable, such as broccoli or Brussels sprouts. And if you want a little more protein, you could always add some grilled chicken or shrimp. No matter how you make it, this Pesto Orzo is sure to be a new family favorite.
I like to top mine with a little Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper, but feel free to add whatever toppings you like. Enjoy!
One-Pot Pesto Orzo with Green Beans, Bell Pepper, and Zucchini
- Instant Pot
- ½ pound green beans trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ zucchini diced
- ¼ cup pesto
- ½ cup orzo pasta uncooked
- Chicken broth as needed
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Sauté the vegetables: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. If you are using a pressure cooker set it to SAUTE.
- Add the green beans, bell pepper, and zucchini. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the orzo and pesto: Stir in the orzo and pesto until everything is evenly mixed and the orzo is fully coated with pesto.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil: Pour in enough chicken broth to cover the orzo and vegetables.
- Bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about ten minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the orzo is done.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
So there you have it! A simple, one-pot meal that is both healthy and delicious. I hope you'll give this Pesto Orzo a try soon. Until next time, happy cooking! 🙂