No-bake blue cheesecake, often dubbed “Ocean Water Cheesecake,” is a delightful dessert that captivates both the eyes and taste buds. This indulgent dessert presents a creamy, velvety texture with a tantalizing blue hue reminiscent of the ocean’s serene waters. The absence of baking makes this cheesecake a convenient and easy-to-assemble treat that is perfect for warm weather or any time a refreshing dessert is desired.
It’s a delightful canvas for creativity, allowing for various toppings and decorations to enhance its appeal!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What makes a no-bake cheesecake different from a traditional cheesecake?
A no-bake cheesecake typically omits eggs and baking. It usually utilizes gelatin or another thickening agent to set the filling, resulting in a lighter, creamier texture compared to a baked cheesecake.
How is the blue color achieved in Ocean Water Cheesecake?
The vibrant blue color in Ocean Water Cheesecake often comes from the addition of food coloring or natural blue ingredients like blueberries or butterfly pea flower extract, which infuse the cheesecake with its distinctive hue.
Can I make a no-bake cheesecake in advance?
Absolutely! No-bake cheesecakes are perfect for preparing in advance. They require chilling time to set properly, so making them a day or two ahead allows the flavors to meld and the cheesecake to firm up nicely.
What are some popular toppings or garnishes for Ocean Water Cheesecake?
Popular toppings include whipped cream, fresh berries, fruit coulis, lemon zest, edible flowers, or a drizzle of chocolate. Toppings can be customized based on personal preferences to complement the cheesecake’s flavor.
Can I freeze a no-bake cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze a no-bake cheesecake. However, it’s best to freeze the cheesecake without the toppings. Wrap it well to prevent freezer burn, and when ready to serve, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before adding the desired toppings.
No-bake blue cheesecake, known as Ocean Water Cheesecake, offers a delightful combination of flavors and a visually stunning appearance that is sure to impress both as a dessert centerpiece and in taste.
More fun desserts to try:
- German Apple Coffee Cake
- Red, White and Blue Poke Cake: The Ultimate American Dessert
- Microwave Gluten Free Coconut Tres Leches Cake
- King Cake
- 7 Up Cupcakes with Cake Mix
- Better Than Milk & Cookies Dump Cake
- Abraham Lincoln Cake
- Dipped Oreo Treats
No Bake Blue Cheesecake AKA Ocean Water Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ½ C graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ C sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter melted
- 9 in springform pan
- Baking spray
- Parchment paper
- Line the bottom of a 9in springform pan with pam baking spray
- Combine the ingredients into a medium bowl
- Spray the pie pan with the baking spray
- Press half the graham cracker crust into the pie dish
- Press the remaining crust up along the sides
- Place the springform pan into the freezer while you make the no bake cheesecake
- ½ C boiling water
- 3.94 oz Sonic Ocean Water Jello mix
- 24 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¾ C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- Neon blue food coloring
- 1 - 8 oz cool whip thawed
- 1 ½ C toasted coconut
- Lime wedges
- Maraschino cherries
- Disposable piping bag with star tip
- Pour the boiling water into a medium bowl and whisk the jello mix until dissolved
- Set the bowl aside and allow it to cool to room temperature
- Using a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until combined
- Beat in the lemon juice, 6 drops neon blue food coloring and jello mixture until combined
- Fold in the 8 oz cool whip
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and place into the fridge overnight
- Scoop cool whip into the piping bag and pipe dollops around the edge
- Remove from springform pan
- Sprinkle toasted coconut and garnish with lime wedges and maraschino cherries