Looking for a fun recipe for leftover rotisserie chicken? Check out this twist on classic chicken salad using your favorite flavors.
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
Chicken salad made with rotisserie chicken is great for lunch or dinner. The recipe will make about 1 ½ cups of this easy sandwich spread (depending on the size of your bread, it could be more), so you may want to double the ingredients if you're feeding a larger crowd. Take it along to work, school or on a picnic for a delicious meatless meal that's high in protein.
How long does chicken salad last?
Chicken salad is an ideal dish for using leftover rotisserie chicken. It can last up to 7 days in the refrigerator tightly covered.
How should I store my leftover rotisserie chicken?
It's best to use this tasty recipe within 3-4 days of purchase unless you freeze it for later use. Store your rotisserie chicken in an airtight plastic bag or in a tightly sealed container for up to 3-4 months in the freezer.
Can you freeze chicken salad?
Yes, you can. The texture and flavor will change slightly once it is frozen but it should be tasty to eat. You can freeze your chicken salad as long as 2-3 months in the freezer if well wrapped.
What to serve with chicken salad?
Serve your chicken salad with a side of chips, crackers, or fruit for a tasty lunch.
More recipes using leftover chicken...
- Pasta Machine Chicken Alfredo
- Southern Chicken and Cornbread Dressing
- Chicken LoMein with Maruchen Instant Noodles
Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- 2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 stalks celery chopped small
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup grapes quartered
- ½ cup mayonnaise More if you like it creamier
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar 2 if you like it sweeter
- Shred the chicken.
- Chop all of your fruits and veggies and place them in a bowl with the chicken.
- In another bowl mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, brown sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix everything together and chill for several hours.
- Serve on sandwiches or on crackers!